Follow us on our journey to receive our baby brother in China!
Kenzie & Kayden

Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Wonder...

















       From Kayden,
         Today we went to Kohlby's orphanage. We had to be down in the lobby by 9, and 9 for me is too early. Anyways, we went down to breakfast like usual, (they have my noodles again!! :) ). The drive to the orphanage was supposed to be 1 hour but since traffic was very good we got there in 45 minutes. 
Mr. Yan who is the one who manages all the adoptions gave us a little tour. There were several buildings and playgrounds, there was also a soccer field and track. As I walked past a closed in area I saw that some kids were planting trees, I thought that was amazing. We went to different rooms where Kohlby was probably in before he went to his foster family. After we went to all the rooms we went to meet his foster family. There was a woman in a yellow coat who was his foster mom, then there was another woman and her son. I guess they lived very closed to each  other so the boy and Kohlby were close. Once we got outside to meet them Kohlby's face kinda lit up almost, it was kinda sad. He recognized them right when he saw them and went straight for them, same was for the family. After a little bit of visiting, the foster mom got out a bright red bag and gave him a package of food in each hand and then gave him three crackers at one time.  While she was feeding him she was saying "You have to watch what  he eats." I don't know about you, but I think this is hilarious! Once it was time to go, the foster mom finally gave him to us, and we started to walk away but she came running back and took Kohlby out of my mom's arms and followed us. We finally got him back into our arms and she did the same thing! After about 5 to 10 minutes we got him back again we started to walk away and my mom said "Goodness is she going to do it again." Thankfully she tried but we didn't let her so she just hugged him. Our guide had to do something with another kid so we played on the playground for a bit. After we got into the car to go back to the hotel right when we were so close to the hotel he crashed and was asleep for 2 and a half hours. 

While he was asleep I was thinking of what my orphanage was like since my parents never got to go there. It also got me thinking if I was in a better orphanage would that change who I am now or what I was like. If I was in a foster family would that maybe change anything about me today. But I guess that everything happens for a reason and that's the way God wants it. But he is now awake and ready to go! 
 Tomorrow we have to fly again. ( I hate flying :(  ). But we do fly to Guangzhou where it is warm!!   I get to wear shorts!! 

From Kenzie:
 Today we went to the orphanage. Last time I came to China I didn't get to go to the orphanage so this was new for me. The orphanage was different than I had imagined it to be. It was actually a pretty nice facility. All of the children were so happy to see us. They smiled really big and waved. I'm pretty sure they were laughing at us trying to say hello in Chinese. It warmed my heart to see how much the teachers and workers there were so sweet and loving. Although the kids looked so happy, it broke my heart to think that they didn't have a real family. Some of them may never get one. I saw quite a few older kids as well. Kids that looked like they were soon going to age out. That broke my heart more than anything. I can't imagine being in their shoes. It makes me even more thankful for my loving family and the life that the Lord has given me, and hopeful that maybe some day they will get a loving family of their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment